If you’re not sure if you’re in my electorate, feel free to contact me and we can let you know who your local MPs are!
The towns below are all part of Western Victoria…

Helpful Contacts for Western Victorians

1/59-63 Spring Street, Geelong West, Vic.

Ph. 5222 4318

Domestic violence outreach workers provide support to women and children who are experiencing or escaping from domestic violence.


Geelong (The Sexual Assault & FV Centre) – 03 5224 2903

Warrnambool (Emma House) – 03 5561 1934

Hamilton (Emma House) – 03 5561 1934

Portland (Emma House) – 03 5561 1934

SalvoConnect offers a range of services to the Barwon South West community including housing, homelessness, women’s, mental health, financial, alcohol and other drug and spiritual services.

Phone: Geelong – 03 5223 5400, Portland – 5521 8134, Hamilton – 5572 5822, Warrnambool – 5561 6844

  • Provides telephone crisis counselling, referral, information and support
  • Is the central contact point for women’s Refuges in Victoria
  • If there are no vacancies in Victorian Refuges, safe steps will assist a woman to explore and secure safe alternative interim accommodation options until a Refuge vacancy is available
  • Agencies can ring for information about the service
  • Provides information and referral to the Victorian Disability and Family Violence Crisis Response Initiative
  • Provide 24-hour access to interpreters as well as support for Indigenous women

Phone Toll free 1800 015 188

CASAs work to ensure that women, children and men who are victim/survivors of sexual assault have access to comprehensive, timely support and intervention to address their needs.

Phone Toll free 1800 806 292

Victoria Legal Aid helps people with their legal problems. They focus on protecting the rights of Victorians and representing those who need it the most.

They provide free duty lawyer services in family violence intervention order matters in all Magistrates’ Courts in Victoria.

You can call them for free information about family violence intervention orders and how they can help you with your legal problem.

Phone Toll Free 1300 792 387

There are a number of specialist services that provide legal advice, referral and advocacy:

Court Network operates in the following courts and tribunals:

  • Melbourne Supreme Court
  • County Court
  • Coroners Court
  • Family Court
  • Children’s Court
  • Melbourne and District Magistrates’ Courts
  • Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)
  • Regional Courts of Gippsland, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo and Echuca, Warrnambool, Wangaratta, Wodonga, Mildura and Shepparton

Phone Toll free 1800 681 614

(Djirra is the Woiwurrung word for the reed used by Wurundjeri women for basket weaving).

Djirra is a place where culture is shared and celebrated, and where practical support is available to all Aboriginal women and particularly to Aboriginal people who are currently experiencing family violence or have in the past.

Phone Toll free 1800 105 303

DV Vic improves services for women affected by family violence by supporting its members (family violence service providers) to deliver best practice responses. They represent our membership on a variety of advisory committees at statewide and national levels.

Phone 03 9921 0828

Elder Rights Advocacy (ERA) offers a free, confidential and independent service to older people (or their representatives) who are receiving an Australian Government subsidised aged care service in Victoria.

Phone Toll free 1800 700 600

inTouch Multicultural Centre against Family Violence works with women and children from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds who are victim survivors of domestic violence.

The service has a pool of bilingual and bi-cultural workers who provide assistance and information for women and children escaping domestic violence.

Phone Toll Free 1800 755 988

QLife is a peer run counselling and referral service for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and/or intersex (LGBTI).

QLife provides nation-wide, early intervention, peer supported telephone and web based services to people of all ages across the full breadth of people’s bodies, genders, relationships, sexualities, and lived experiences.

Phone Toll Free 1800 184 527

Seniors Rights Victoria offers a range of services to support older Victorians experiencing abuse, including advocacy, legal services and community and service provider education. Seniors Rights Victoria is the primary, government-endorsed destination for friends, family members and older Victorians seeking information and support relating to elder abuse.

Phone Toll Free 1800 368 821

The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the lead Aboriginal child and family welfare organisation in Victoria. VACCA provides support, outreach, information and confidential advice to parents and carers of Aboriginal children.

Phone 03 8388 1855

Women’s Housing Ltd can assist women with:

  • rent in advance;
  • rent in arrear;
  • discussing housing options; and
  • advocating on women’s behalf.

In some situations Women’s Housing Limited can assist with crisis accommodation, removal costs and purchase of whitegoods.

Phone 03 9412 6868

WIRE provides free information, support and referral information for women across Victoria. They provide a Telephone Support Service, Women’s Information Centre, online Live chat support and email support service.

Toll Free Phone 1300 1340 130

Women’s Legal Service is a state-wide community organisation providing free confidential legal advice, assistance and referral for women. Their services include legal advice telephone line, face to face advice & assistance, casework, court support, interpreter assisted appointments, outreach service and community legal education.

Toll Free Phone 1800 133 302

The Australian Men’s Shed Association (AMSA) is the peak body supporting almost 1000 Men’s Sheds and is recognised as one of Australia’s largest male based community development organisations.

Phone Toll Free 1300 550 009

The Barwon Male Health Network aims to bring together people working / involved in the many aspects of male health including physical health, mental health, social connection, spiritual health, relationships.

Health services, schools, emergency services, support groups, local government, family services, mental health services are indicative of the Network’s membership.

Phone 03 4215 3470

Mensline Australia is a telephone and online counselling service for men with family and relationship concerns. We’re here to help anywhere, anytime.

Phone Toll Free 1300 789 978

Geelong Animal Welfare Society (GAWS)

Animal Management Services for stray and lost animals brought to our facility by council officers and members of the public for the City of Greater Geelong, Golden Plains Shire, Surf Coast Shire and Borough of Queenscliffe. We care for these animals until they can be reunited with their owners or rehomed in new forever homes.

Our commitment is to:

  • Be advocates for animal welfare
  • Reunite lost animals with their owners
  • Maximise pet adoptions
  • Provide quality veterinary services for the lost and stray animals in our care and affordable veterinary services to the general public
  • Raise awareness of responsible pet ownership and pet companionship

325 Portarlington Road Moolap VIC

Phone 03 5248 2091

Surf Coast Animal Rescue

As a rescue organisation our primary goal is to connect members of the Surf Coast and Geelong region with various animal rescuers and carers in the area, we hope to build lasting connections within our community that will benefit both wild and domestic animals and educate people in ways to help our local wildlife.

For immediate help with injured wildlife in the Surfcoast and Geelong areas please contact Jason Cichocki on 0422048557.